Dec 22, 2011

Homemade Ornament Party



Last weekend Alaina and I held a little ornament making party. A few of her friends were invited, one of my good friends came to help so it was like a girls craft day with the addition of one little boy. Chase loves to paint - so painting ornaments with a group of girls didn't phase him one bit.




I set out silver trays filled with craft supplies for each ornament, jars of paint brushes, a muffin tin filled with small tubs of paint and buckets of glitter and glue. I put down lots of newspaper to cover the table incase of spilled paint (which happened more than once) oh but what fun we had and what an incredible mess we created!



{Alaina's ornaments - the kids got a tiny bit carried away with the puff paint and glitter!}





We made my cinnamon cutout ornaments decorated with white puff paint and glitter, mini frosted cupcakes and large frosted/glittered cupcakes, Clay lollipop ornaments (the idea came from Creature Comforts blog - I altered the ornaments a little by using a glue gun and thinner clay) and beaded candy canes.



I could really see this becoming a yearly tradition for us. What's amazing is that the kids stay entertained for over 6 hours creating their own ornaments. Needless to say, I was wiped out but the homemade ornament party was a huge hit!

4 comments:

Miki said...

Wow! So much color and glitter made me smile! What a cool idea for the kids! ;)

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! ;D

Miki.

Lily said...

your postar are always make me feel that Cristmass is near :) Thank you :)

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun!!

j. wilson said...

we used to make salt dough ornaments when we were kids. even the teenaged boys in the neighborhood got into it! wish I had the ornaments we made...

yours are purdy!